Join a community of trailblazers
Starting the first year of college is an exciting accomplishment for all Mercerians, but for first-generation college students, this experience can be especially meaningful. Mercer recognizes that you will face unique experiences as you begin this journey, and we look forward to supporting you.
The Mercer Firsts Program is a community of first-year, first-generation students committed to attaining success at Mercer. The program connects each participant with an experienced mentor, a community of support, and guidance throughout the first year of college.
Important 2022-2023 program dates
- Mercer Firsts Kickoff | Friday, August 26, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Mentor/Mentee Meet & Greet | Wednesday, September 7, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- October Workshop | Tuesday, October 4, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- November Workshop | Wednesday, November 9, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- January Workshop | Wednesday, January 18, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- February Workshop | Thursday, February 23, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- March Workshop | Tuesday, March 21, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Additional pop-up events and celebrations will take place throughout the year.
Please contact Elsie Dru Miles, Assistant Director of Student Success, at 478.301.2570 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.